Job duties / accountabilities:
· The Business System Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting the business requirements and then ensuring that the deliverables produced by the development effort conform to the business requirements.
· Beyond the facilitation of the up-front business requirements and system requirements gathering sessions and resulting documentation, the role also involves driving the user acceptance testing process, including preparation of acceptance criteria, review of the test plans and scenarios, review of test results as well as taking responsibility for end-to-end testing. In some cases, the Senior Business Systems Analyst also executes test cases and directly ensures system integrity.
· The management of the normalization period - defect management and communication to the operational team
· The Business System Analyst is also involved in reviewing key development and design deliverables, including interface specifications, integration requirements, data schemas, and design documentation, as well as the business’s implementation and conversion strategies and plans.
Contributing to the project planning and administration.
· The Business Systems Analyst assists in developing the project charter, business requirements documentation, test plan and test case creation.
Essential Skills / Competencies:
· Related work experience is essential and should include experience in process modeling as well as experience with multi-tiered application development, infrastructure and networking concepts and practices
· Related experience as a Senior Programmer/Designer or Systems Analyst.
· Significant experience leading multi-disciplinary JAD sessions.
· Significant experience dealing with multiple vendors in the creation of end-to-end solutions.
Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
· Leadership experience defining requirements and solutions related to financial processes and concepts such as settlement, reconciliation, and charging.
· Absolute ability to see the business problem and business solution in the eyes of the customer.
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
Preferred Skills /Competencies:
- Post-secondary computer science degree with a business focus, or equivalent, and/or business degree with a computer science focus, as well as three –5 years in a Business Systems Analysis role preferred.
- Knowledge of the Privileged Access Management or Cyber Ark and/or database experience with ORACLE, MS SQL processes a definite asset