As an ETL developer, you will be responsible for the implementation of processes (scripts writing or mappings design) to extract, transform, clean, and move data and metadata to prepare for loading into a data warehouse, data mart, or operational data store.
Nice to have skills:
- 7+ years of IT experience in the Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, Application Design, Data Modelling, Application Development, Implementations and Testing of Applications in Data warehouse and data integration environments.
- Extensive Data Warehouse experience using Informatica Power Center 10x/9x (Source Analyzer, Repository Manager, Server Manager, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformations Designer, Warehouse Designer) as ETL tool on Oracle, SQL Server and other databases and flat files.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Data Modeling Concepts including Dimensional Data Modeling, Star/ Snowflake Schema Modeling.
- Strong Knowledge of any scheduling tool (Control_M to schedule ETL jobs)
1. Familiarity with visualization tools, i.e Tableau. Ability to consider how to best structure the Analytical Layer for ingestion by visualization software
2. Comfortable reviewing and challenging existing ETL and associated processes and recommending changes to ensure optimal performance
3. Ability to view technical problems from the point of view of end user/key business users
4. Ability to adjust to different work environments and styles
5. Show creativity and independent thinking
Required Experience in:
- Interacting with various databases with SQL/PL SQL programming
- Writing SQL queries, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and optimization
- Gathering requirements from business users
- Integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files, and XML into target tables
- All aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Overall data warehouse, database and ETL tuning for better performance
- Preparing FSD/TSD (Functional/Technical Specification Document) documents from BRD (Business Requirement Document) / Customer Requirements
- Performing Unit testing, regression testing, sanity testing, and system integration testing for Dry runs
- Performance Tuning, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks of targets, sources, mappings, coordinate with DBAs for ETL tuning
- Error Handling and Troubleshooting using various log files
- Creating mappings/Mapplets using Informatica Lookup, Aggregator, Joiner, Expression, Filter, update strategy, Source Qualifier, Union, and Normalizer Transformations