|Role: Civil Engineering Specialist
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
• Assist in the development of long-term preventative maintenance program.
• Assessment of short-term maintenance priorities.
• Coordinate construction/maintenance activities.
• Review and monitor progress and quality of works.
• Utilizing regular and informal reporting procedures which may include verbal, written or other means of communication.
• Collect, interpret and analyze data and trends to monitor processes and operations.
• Provide operational, technical and strategic planning advice. Investigate, document and report on public liability claims in accordance with procedures providing prompt attention to necessary rectification works and follow up action.
• Perform other duties as required consistent with the principle objectives of the position.
• Tertiary qualifications in civil construction or maintenance.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated technical competence in the construction and maintenance of Local Government engineering infrastructure including site survey and set out, plan reading and specifications.
• Availability to respond to after-hours emergency callouts.
• Ability to work in a team-based situation.
• Demonstrated experience in managing operational staff
• Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines to deliver identified outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills required for negotiating, mediating, facilitating and gaining cooperation from others with demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply maintenance systems and processes to ensure compliance with maintenance standards, Occupational Health and Safety and Injury Management requirements including Site Safety Management Plans and Traffic Management Plans and other relevant legislation
• Demonstrated skills in conducting public meetings and community consultation with a strong customer/community service focus.
• A working knowledge in the operation of computer software relevant to the position
MS OFFICE (1), OUTLOOK (1)
BI - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (1)