CALGARY - BARLOW, AB, Alberta · Information Technology
Job Description: Summary
The Cloud Architect provides solutions through developing, designing and maintaining technologies that improve software products or systems that enable Shaw’s strategies
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Understand overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
• Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate
• Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
• Develop deep relationships with key IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Assess overall cloud readiness to support the business through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
• Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions,
• Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• 4-7 years’ experience in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
• Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
• Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects required
• Problem Solving. Ability to solve problems through cloud technologies required
• Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Cloud Ops Analyst
Reporting to the Manager, DataOps & SRE, you’ll be supporting the DataOps team and SRE initiatives, including delivery of stable Cloud (primarily AWS) infrastructure/services, monitoring solutions and automated processes.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• In partnership with the Lead, SRE, support SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) initiatives to prevent incidents and reduce problems.
• Proactively build out infrastructure as code solutions and any other required AWS services using automated process.
• Deploy AWS infrastructure with CloudFormation or similar tools that build CloudFormation (CDK, SAM, Serverless, Terraform, etc.)
• Empower the DataOps team to support our AWS assets and services, using an automated approach.
• Improve existing automated process, aiming to maximize the speed of delivery for AWS assets/services while minimizing planned and unplanned outages.
• Provide feedback on the design, building, testing and maintenance of Infrastructure automation and integration scripts that address entire process flows.
• Take initiative on reviewing manual tasks, automating where possible.
• Practice agile principles, theories, and techniques.
• Operations and support of our Linux RedHat & Windows operating systems.
• Ensure compliance with Security Standards, including patching of application & OS vulnerabilities.
• Provide monitoring of AWS assets and assist the DataOps team in building application/database monitoring tools in AWS, while empowering others to self-service monitoring
• Participate in planning of capacity, availability, backups, and disaster recovery, and incorporate into technical architecture.
• Provide Tier 1-3 support for AWS assets, including root cause analyses and escalations to other teams as required.
• Create and maintain operational/support documentation and share AWS knowledge with the DataOps team.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• You have a strong background in systems analysis/administration, with at least 2 years of relevant experience including support of RedHat Linux & Windows OS, as well as implementation of highly available or disaster recovery solutions.
• You have a strong mindset around continuous improvement and incident prevention, with at least 2 year of experience implementing cloud, infrastructure, application, and/or database monitoring solutions.
• You have at least 1 year of CI/CD pipeline implementation experience, including Cloud infrastructure deployment and automation using AWS CloudFormation related tools.
• You have relevant AWS certifications (Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, etc.)
• Agile certifications (SCRUM, Kanban) will be considered as an asset.
• Experience with Apache Airflow, Database Systems, ETL and/or Data Streaming will be considered as an asset.
• You have experience with at least two of the following languages:
• You have a related post-secondary degree or diploma (Information Technology or Computer Science degree preferably).
• You have a strong written and verbal communication skills; capable of working across multiple stakeholders and IT teams.
• You take initiative in creating operational and support documentation, as well as sharing knowledge with others across the team.
• You thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing team environment, and can work independently with minimal supervision.