clinet is currently looking for an enthusiastic marketer to fill a Senior Regional Market Manager position in Edmonton for a 12-month contract position (with the opportunity to extend). The Senior Regional Market Manager will work within a team and be responsible for developing and leading the execution of a local marketing strategy for the Edmonton market. This person will also identify and evaluate new initiatives and review existing programs required to support marketing strategies to drive penetration in the target markets. This role is unique in that there is a key component of building relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external If you are an energetic, outgoing and results oriented individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with a high performing team, we’d love to hear from you.
• Develop and execute on market strategy to increase penetration of products/services in target markets
• Responsible and accountable to plan and execute face-to-face and virtual/online marketing events to raise awareness, promote and generate excitement about in our communities.
• Build and leverage municipal and local team relationships to inform, shape and steward the market strategy
• Collaborate with sales channels to uncover new marketing opportunities
• Leverage social media and other digital marketing tactics as part of your marketing arsenal
• Quarterly planning, tracking results and reporting
• Gather and submit community escalations and leads
• Provide leadership and mentoring to junior marketing team members
You are a marketing professional looking to demonstrate your natural talent for engaging customers, promoting products/services and building brand affinity and sentiment. You are not afraid to try new things and are able to build a network quickly and leverage it to successfully execute, innovate and drive results. You have excellent communications skills - both verbal and written. People would describe you as enthusiastic, outgoing person who is driven to make things happen.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Track record of collaborations leveraging internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Demonstrate influence and strategy skills; planning and promotion
• Proven ability to make strategic recommendations on gap closure initiatives, secure alignment and budget
• Proven risk management and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent leadership, analytical, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and tolerate ambiguity
• Program management
• Desire to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
• Execute events and activations within your assigned communities, occasionally on evenings or weekends.
Required Professional Designation/Certification & Experience:
• Bachelor of Commerce university degree or related post secondary degree is required
• 5+ years progressive experience in Marketing, Communications or Sales positions
• Experience planning & leading marketing events plus dealing directly with customers are assets