The Database Administrator will be responsible for performing a variety of system and database administration tasks with a focus of maintaining our current database infrastructure and continually improving the scalability and reliability of our systems.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Actively monitor the performance and stability of all the production and internal database infrastructure
• Use analytical skills to anticipate future problems and resolve them effectively
• Automate technology and/or application deployments
• Maintain technical/process documentation as required.
• Enforce and support the change management process.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• 4-7 years’ experience in Information Technology in a Windows based environment
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
• Passionate about technology, viewed as an expert by your peers, able to contribute to technical direction.
• Obsessive about automating routine tasks.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Solid understanding of the need for operational policies and procedures.
• Advanced automation and scripting knowledge
• Exposure to cloud based technology and software development is a plus.
• Able to solve problems quickly with strong desire for root cause analysis.
• Able to hold on-call responsibilities (We limit this as much as possible but it will still be required).
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines and priorities.