The System Administrator is accountable for development and maintenance client’s networked system of computers. The System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
• Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
• Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
• Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
• Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
• Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
• Providing technical support when requested.
• Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field
• 8+ years of progressive experience in system administration.
• Experience administering Unix and Windows operating systems.
• Strong system performance monitoring and tuning skill
• Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors)
• Understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, etc.)
• Experience with the deployment and management of complex system architectures.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, and Powershell
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and RunDeck
• Extensive experience with enterprise application development and integration
• Familiarity with running databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience in internet, telephony, wireless, billing, provisioning or mediation systems would be a definite asset
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal