The IKO Global IT department is looking for a passionate, inquisitive, detail oriented and highly customer focused Business Intelligence Solution Architect to supports development of Data Warehouse and BI based solutions.
The BI Architect is the lead technical subject matter expert for architecting, developing and delivering modern BI solutions.
Participates in the end-to-end Data Warehouse and BI solutions and projects, and assists teammates with performing day to day operations on BI related projects.
This key role involves interaction with IKO business users with gathering requirements, solutions architecture, development and delivery, demonstration of BI capabilities, status updates and project management related activities.
The role will be a key advocate within IKO driving the value BI capabilities delivered to the organization.
Reports to Director, Application Strategy
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Participate in various phases of the SDLC to perform QA/architectural review functions and to ensure adherence to Enterprise Architecture (EA) technology standards and project specific solutions architecture. (i.e., design reviews)
- Participate in Extract Transfer Load development and data integration between multiple and various data source systems
- Assists managers with developing the service level agreements (SLAs) and deployment of key performance measures.
- Serve as technical owner and point of contact for BI and DW specific solutions
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design solutions that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Designing reports in data visualization tools such as MS Power BI
- Assist IT Management with developing the service level agreements (SLAs) and deployment of key performance measures.
- Ensures technology solutions are production ready and meet the defined specifications, and that the solution can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources.
- Facilitate communications between IKO IT workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes; acting as the technical domain subject matter expert.
- Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to management.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience in hands-on DWH and BI related project.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Business Management or equivalent experience.
- Data Architect certifications desired
- Extensive involvement working with MS Azure and Power BI implementations
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture, hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms.
- Experience in implementing scalable cloud data platform and data lake solutions
- Proven expertise in Data Warehousing, Data Integration, ETL [e.g. Microsoft SSIS] and be able to apply this knowledge in an enterprise environment
- Skilled in database analysis services for visualization design
- Experienced with multiple software platforms including the following: Azure data PaaS services: Azure SQL DB, Azure Storage, Cosmos DB, MongoDB and etc.
- Working within the manufacturing and/or building industries is desired.
- Proficient with mentoring functional and technical resources in the BI space.
- Excellent communication skills, including user base presentations (i.e. training, work instructions, reporting)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Have an open/partnering mentality and comfortable challenging ideas with the goal to deliver the best solution
- Curious and actively inquisitive about the outside world and learning about new ideas for improvement