Job Description: Summary
The Program Manager identifies and initiates required projects, champions the delivery across projects, integrates the schedule and interdependencies and communicates program and project status, risks and financial budgets to various committees and executive sponsors.
The role is also charged with building high performing teams and solid relationships with Business and Vendor Partners. There is also an expectation to be leaders, mentors and to contribute to continuous improvement process and methods within the PM Community.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Work in conjunction with Program Managers, Project Managers and other resources across multiple business units and functional departments to develop and deploy state of the art technology solutions to address business strategies and new product and service offerings.
- Manage and maintain a team of project managers, cross functional domain experts and vendor partners to support program delivery.
- Distill the program vision and the vision of key stakeholders to define program success criteria used to guide and motivate all project staff and contributors
- Establish the overall integrated schedule of projects aligned with business and technology roadmaps
- Ensure quality is incorporated into all project and product deliverables, including the final solution
- Communicate both written and verbally Program status to key stakeholders and related Program leads
- Clearly articulate and manage any changes using the Change Management processes during the project to Program Management, Executive Sponsors, and Operating and Steering Committees
- Program budget oversight and in conjunction with the Delivery Leader provide accurate forecasting with timely identification of variances, utilize financial change management processes to obtain funding overall and against variances.
- Perform quality progress reporting for the program (rolled up from projects) to all levels of stakeholders – Project Teams, Program, Executive Sponsors, Operating and Steering Committees
- Conduct Lessons Learned continuously through the program and incorporate learnings to improve delivery effectiveness
- Work with Procurement to oversee the tendering and awarding of system integrator/ vendor/sub-trade contracts. Manage relationships with third party system integrators and vendors assisting with delivery and support for enterprise systems and associated services.
- Create and execute program communication plans to ensure all stakeholders and project resources are aligned to program level goals and objectives
- Ensure projects employ project management best practices, tools and disciplines in alignment with client's Project Delivery Framework and governance, risk and compliance requirements
- Proactively, identify, address, and resolve issues/problems at the program level as or before they occur
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, contractors and vendor partners, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- A university degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering or the equivalent experience demonstrated by progressive responsibilities
- 8+ years’ experience with progressively more complex medium to large projects
- Strong Program Management skills in leading all aspects of program delivery
- Experience in managing programs with concurrent multiple projects of medium size and complexity
- Experience implementing solutions in complex technology ecosystem environments requiring complex and multiple integration points
- Direct Program Management or project management experience leading customer facing product launches Proven experience managing vendor partners, third party solution implementations and contractor resourcing
- Able to adapt project management and other methodology best practices to effectively deliver on time constrained projects
- Proven skills in accurate budget and resource allocation management and forecasting
- Proven ability to motivate and maintain program momentum in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrates strong team skills, especially working in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates solid critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates expert ability to identify issues and make difficult decisions (escalating where required)
- Demonstrates strong ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships - gaining trust and respect
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple interests and agendas (Vendors, Business, IT, Engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrates expert abilities in risk and issue management (includes identification, mitigation and resolution)
- Proven communication (reading, writing, listening, speaking, and presentation) and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment utilizing leadership, strong negotiation, conflict management, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Technology and/or telecommunications experience an asset
- PgMP, PMP and other certifications from Project Management Institute (PMI) are an asset
- In addition to the accountabilities of a PM, they will need experience communicating with C level executives, experience working in security, privacy and knowledge of Bill C-11 Privacy Reform preferred.