As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture, maintenance, and development of tools to ensure reliability of our applications. Working as part of the Loblaw Technology SRE Team, you will collaborate with multiple engineering teams across various verticals. Your primary goal will be to aid adoption of cloud native solutions, develop tools and capabilities which helps us to build better and more resilient systems.
What You’ll Do:
What you Bring:
- Design, architect, and develop cloud native solutions using services like Kubernetes, AppEngine, Cloud Functions, CloudSql, Pub/Sub on Google Cloud Platform and Azure
- Identify and diagnose deficiencies related to existing frameworks, tools and processes, and recommend creative solutions to reduce waste and continuously improve
- Build and own infrastructure through code, maintain our high-quality code base by performing code reviews, and work closely with development teams to automate CI/CD pipelines to remove repetitive processes and simplify operational needs
- Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending creative solutions for mitigation.
- You are first and foremost a developer who understands ops or aspires to do ops stuff.
- Hands on experience in software engineering and one or multiple cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Passionate for troubleshooting technical problems and automating solutions to reduce manual toil
- Inspired by working with both a Development and SRE mindset (i.e. software and infrastructure)
- Comfortable with Cloud Native platforms (knowledge of Google Cloud Platform is an asset)
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation