Our client is in need of a Packaging Product Manager for an initial 12-month contract in Vancouver, BC.
We are looking for someone who loves technology products and likes to create products that make people’s lives easier. From products like Optik TV, PikTV, Boost Wi-Fi and more, the Hardware Team works closely with the engineers, marketing teams, industrial designers and manufacturing partners to guide products from conception through to launch and retirement
As the Product Manager of Consumer Packaging on the Hardware Team , you will develop and refine packaging guidelines and mature the library of packaging elements. You will also manage various packaging projects for the clients TV, Internet and Smart Home Security Products.
Develop packaging guidelines and packaging design elements.
Manage the packaging development and approval process from strategy, kick-off meetings, approval processes through to pre-press & printing.
Track all project deliverables against prescribed timelines and follow up with cross-functional teams or third parties on deliverables.
Edit & re-write packaging copy supplied and provide art direction to ensure packaging is compelling, relevant, brand-consistent and regulatory compliant.
Ensure all packaging content is accurate, including adherence to marketing objectives, brand guides and legal requirements. Research competitive products to ensure packaging is effective and “best in class”.
Understand all Canadian packaging & product regulations, including but not limited to packaging and labeling act and the Charter of the French Language.
Apply packaging and brand guidelines for printability and application to product lines. Provide pre-press & print direction to third party vendors, identifying challenging designs and potential print issues.
Must Have Skills:
1. Solid project management skills – with proven experience coordinating teams or projects
2. Knowledge of retail packaging, brand execution and production art rules and best practices.
3. Technical knowledge of die lines, pre-press and print.
4. Familiarity with packaging development process and packaging materials.
5. Copywriting experience and/or graphic design experience is considered a strong asset.
6. Candidate should have solid experience in projects that they have led, creating strategies in similar profiles