Our client is in need of a Network Specialist 3 for an initial 12-month contract in Vancouver, BC.
• Provide network operations and project support for highly complex Data Center network.
• Day-to-day network health and performance monitoring.
• Review security advisories from the vendors and take proactive steps to mitigate threats before they can affect the business.
• Perform software upgrade (Cisco IOS, NX-OS, F5) to fix vulnerabilities & bugs, to attain new features, to migrate away from retired release trains, and to match software versions.
• Assign and manage IP addresses in the IPAM tool.
• Provide technical inputs for weekly/monthly customer service review reports.
• Be able to present network reports in monthly operational meetings at the customer locations.
• Provide support for network operational issues.
• Develop proactive measures, processes and practices to support the services delivered on the network.
• Adherence to Change Management processes.
• May manage the vendor trouble cases on behalf of the client and hold regular operational meetings with vendors.
• Develop and maintain documentation and information, e.g. network diagrams, topologies, contact information etc.
• Provide technical analysis and recommendations to engineering, enterprise network and/or vendors to ensure smooth delivery & implementation of enhancements and/or fixes to our platform applications and associated services.
• Implement Data Center network solutions.
• Create/update low-level design, configuration, and methods-of-procedure.
• Be able to work with customer’s operations, engineering and architecture teams, and build relationship with key customer stakeholders.
• Be able to attend project meetings and workshops at the customer locations.
• Required to be on call.
• There will be some work required in off hours and weekends.
• Hands-on Implementation/troubleshoot/support experience with most commonly deployed Cisco Data Center networking products: Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K, Catalyst 6500/6800/9000.
• Operational knowledge of commonly used technologies & protocols in data center environments such as vPC/STP, LACP, FabricPath/VXLAN, VDC, HSRP, OSPF/EIGRP/BGP, L2/L3 Multicast, DC QoS
• Load Balancer/Application Delivery Controller implementation/troubleshoot/support experience - F5 BIG-IP LTM
• Experience with networking tools – Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco ISE (TACACS+ only), Splunk, Bluecat IPAM, Whatsup Gold, CA eHealth & Performance Management, Netflow.
• Troubleshooting expertise for common Data Center networking issues
• Deployment experience - lab testing, MOP creation, implementation, troubleshooting
• CCNA/CCNP Data Center and/or CCNA/CCNP Routing & Switching certification or equivalent work experience
• Hands-on Implementation/support experience with IPv6 networking
• Customer facing skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to translate and communicate business opportunities into technical requirements
• PC skills including Visio, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet
Nice to have Skills:
• Familiar with Cisco ACI networking
• Familiar with network automation and programming – Python, REST APIs, JSON/XML, Ansible (Puppet/Chef/etc.), integrating systems via APIs
• Familiar with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto firewall
• Familiar with Cisco UCS, VMware environment, NetApp/EMC storage environment
• CCNP/CCIE Data Center and/or CCNP/CCIE Routing & Switching certification
• ITIL certification