Rogers requires Project Management resources to support the need to oversee the Legacy Transport Platform Replacement & Rogers Network Evolution programs. The role of the Project Manager (“PM”) reports into the Manager, National Transport Program. In this role, the Transport PMO team works closely with key functional areas of the business (Access Network, IT, Marketing, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Customer Care, Network Development, etc.) to oversee the impacts, interdependencies and timelines between functional teams; while working to ensure project initiatives meet the goals and objectives set forth by the senior and executive leadership teams. This group is responsible for delivering the overall Access Network capital plans on time and within budget. The position is both technical and managerially demanding and requires a balance of project management technical skills, highly developed analytical skills, proven managerial skills, and team interpersonal skills. You will lead individual work streams as assigned by your manager.
• Adhere to all Rogers Communications Canada Inc policies and procedures.
• Ensure that project deliverables meet leadership and/or customer expectations.
• Supervise other stakeholders and manage scope & deliverables that is defined.
• Ensures the teams work in a cohesive manner and removes roadblocks to ensure the team moves forward.
• Provides end-to-end project management for highly complex projects with high impact and high visibility.
• Tracks budget on a bi-monthly basis, unless projects are at risk or challenges have been identified.
• Validate & challenge the budgetary estimates and actual.
• Ensures mitigation plan exists and validates course of action.
• Runs high level project meetings, and maintains issue log including description, ownership and action plan, manages minutes and reporting.
• Maintains strong Change Management skills
• Manages project close-out for highly complex projects as phases are completed.
• Manages post implementation review and identifies lessons learned.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• 7+ years of Project experience (preferably with exp. in optical network platform integration initiatives)
• Knowledgeable in Telecom and Telecom Networks.
• Knowledgeable about existing and planned Information Architecture and Information Management methodologies.
• Demonstrates ability to manage and track multiple projects through the life cycle steps of initiation, planning, execution and project closure.
• Contributes to improvements in life cycle, based on lessons learned.
• Undergraduate degree
• Executive presence; Good communications
NICE TO HAVE:
• PMP Certification (highly preferred)
• Graduate Degree