About the Role
As a Senior Sales Executive (Business Development Manager), you will have an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience in delivering creative, innovative telecom & satellite teleport and technology solutions to help customers meet their network, IP and satellite teleport requirements from the US to & throughout Asia Pacific & Australia.
Driving aggressive growth across the quickly expanding satellite, SDWAN, & systems integrator market is a key part of our broader Americas roadmap, and you will be responsible for sales and revenue growth focusing on new business through new logo acquisitions. The ideal candidate for this role thrives in an environment where they drive the identification, pursuit and successful capture and win of new customers and new business sales for the company.
Some key responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Full lifecycle management for sales from prospect and lead identification, outreach, engagement, proposals, and closing to post-sales customer management.
- Present Telstra technical & sales materials positively, advocate our products in the market at customer meetings, conferences, and other public events.
- Negotiate with all levels of client representatives to build broad and long-term relationships that allow follow-on sales
- Translate between business and technical requirements, finding solutions that work for all internal stakeholders and our clients
- Communicate efficiently and professionally with internal Telstra stakeholders, particularly the Engineering team in driving the creation of technical solutions to propose to meet customer needs
- Maintain vital sales pipeline and opportunities forecast in sales tools (eg Salesforce.com)
- Prepare quarterly review of short- and long-term sales forecasts for the Telstra leadership team including suggested Product and network investments and strategy.
- Lead in overseeing contract negotiations involving legal, marketing, product and business terms in conjunction with contract managers and the customer.
- Work closely with Solutions Architects (SA), satellite engineering and the customer team to ensure we are providing the best solution to meet customer needs.
- Provide product and market feedback for the Product and Engineering teams.
- Work collaboratively with across company functions including finance, legal, engineering and product to deliver targeted results.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate to solve complex business difficulties.
- Live Telstra’s Values and Culture every day
- 5+ years of experience in the telecommunications and or satellite industry
- 7+ years of experience in a customer-facing direct sales role
- Knowledge of the main market segments / verticals served by wholesale - Carrier, Satellite, Federal, SDWAN and Data Center providers
- Well-developed consultative selling and customer solution selling skills
- Well honed relationship building skills at Senior levels as well as technical levels
- C-level selling skills & ability to negotiate & influence
- Excellent communications skills across all platforms, phone, video, presentations, in-person, written
- Experience in collaborative selling environments