Who we are:
Our Client is a tech-service provider unifying people, technology, and business to help brands grow and increase profitability.
We don’t see digital transformation as a choice anymore; rather an imperative. One that focuses on perfecting experiences, not just products and processes. One that empowers us to do more, by doing it more intelligently. And one that believes in the creation of tomorrow - today.
Join our growth-driven culture and help us lead, innovate and simplify. We are looking for team members who embody our values:
- Empathetic - you seek to understand before you solve and succeed
- Innovative - you don’t just live in the future, you invent it
- Persevering - you start with tenacity and end with devotion
- Reliable - you deliver what you promise
- Inclusive - you believe we are stronger together than apart
As a software developer, you will be responsible for crafting, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for our client.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
Who you are
- Transform business requirements and solution designs into test cases
- Participate in the validation of test cases and working with product owners to ensure results meet business needs
- Properly document and track defect, issues, problem in applicable artifacts. Keep accurate artifacts, approvals in workflow tracker.
- Manage Quality Assurance targets including pass/fail and automation.
- Participate as an active stakeholder in every initiative, driving quality based on fact-based metrics
- Ensure development teams’ unit testing practices are in place and confirms core criteria met prior to integrated testing delivery
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
- document the workflow whenever it's needed.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team
Nice to have skills
- Shown experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Proficient in React and Redux
- Strong experience with client-side testing (we use Jest)
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Ability to mentor other junior developers
What to expect
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
Besides Competitive Salary and working for one of Canada’s Best Managed and Top 50 Technology Companies, you should expect:
Inclusion and equal opportunity employment
- Purposeful Work: autonomy, resources, and time you need to do what matters for our clients and most importantly - you
- Positive Environment: recognition coupled with a flexible environment that celebrates diversity, inclusivity and encourages everyone to achieve their best
- Growth & Development: opportunities to grow professionally and personally through mentorship, training, and development programs
- Transparency & Trust: direction, purpose, mission, and expectations are never a secret; you’ll always know where you stand as well as where you’re going
- Exclusive Perks: discounts on shopping, the gym, insurance, mobile phone plans, not to mention an office smoothie bar and enough coffee to make you vibrate
- Meaningful Benefits: life happens. You’ll get health, dental, vision, disability, travel insurance, and much more all covered by us
- Unforgettable Events: team bonding, BBQs, office lunches (pizza, always pizza), gala dinners, and any other excuse to have fun