Tasks and Deliverables
The contractors will be responsible for the following activities in support of the Windows
& SQL Server Upgrade project including:
Support the project and internal Clinical Application IMIT System / Business
Analysts in outlining the current and future state of the various environments that
- Work with the Project Manager(s) and IMIT System / Business Analysts to
determine requirements for each upgrade to support the scheduling.
o Understanding and translating business and technical requirements;
o Collect data and update the project tracking board;
o Engaging with resources as required;
o Communication; and
o Other duties as required related to the project
Deliverables include contributing to or completing some of the following:
- Requirements documents (current and future state)
- Determining / documenting constraints and dependencies
- Status Reports / updating project tracking board
- All deliverables must be organized and presented in a meaningful and
All deliverables will be presented to the Nova Scotia Health IMIT Project Manager on an
ongoing basis. All deliverables are to be submitted in electronic format.
- Manage the process for all deliverables;
- Review the deliverables to ensure all standards are met and
work with the team to revise deliverables, as necessary.
We require a seasoned resource(s) to support the successful implementation with high quality
deliverables. The resource(s) qualifications are as follows:
- A minimum of three (3) years in an application support and maintenance role
- Minimum two (2) years of project experience with IT infrastructure upgrade
projects or analyzing and upgrading business applications in a government or
- Proven application support and maintenance experience on projects of similar
scope and size.
- Proven analytical skills and experience working in a large, complex
- Ability to work with multiple business stakeholders and elicit business needs.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong business / technical documentation writing skills.
- Ability to deliver under tight timelines
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Experience working with a team that could be remote at times
- Proven track record of successful client engagements
- Prior experience working in a health sector environment is desired
- Prior experience in server upgrades would be beneficial