About the client
My Client is focused on their vision of building a healthier Canada! This is an exciting time to join our my client, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice, and business development opportunities.
The Portfolio Manager will provide a portfolio-centric management structure for all programs and projects under the portfolio. The Portfolio Manager will manage a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts, ensuring structured governance, and is accountable for the delivery of projects and programs from intake to delivery completion.
This role reports to the Director, Enterprise Program Management Office.
- Manage and oversee a portfolio of projects from initiation to project closeout
- Establish and manage the intake process for the portfolio, including assessing new opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business units and team members to understand and identify tactical / strategic technology solutions to fit business needs.
- Work with internal stakeholders to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Responsible for the management, reporting, and advancement of the project portfolio function within the organization
- Manage and provide direction for a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts in delivering IT and business projects
- Ensure compliance to project management methodology and that project decisions align with the overall business deliverables
- Oversee financial budgeting, forecasting and actuals tracking at a portfolio level to ensure best practices and accuracy
- Ensure that major dependencies are identified and tracked and that proper communications and change management needs are identified
- Participate in the development of strategies in collaboration with the leadership team
- Report on the investment portfolio and prioritization framework and assist senior leadership to direct resources in a way that aligns with LifeLabs strategic goals
- Monitor and review business cases, costs, budgets, staffing requirements, resources and benefits realization plans for large scale projects
- Manage the performance and provide day to day guidance to team of direct reports
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- A minimum 8 -10 years’ project management experience is required
- Previous people management experience is preferred
- Proven experience in delivering large, complex healthcare programs and projects
- Formal Project Management training, PMP, PgMP certification would be an asset
- Experience with PPM (Project Portfolio Management) tools and prioritization processes including reporting on financial metrics and utilization
- Direct Healthcare industry experience and familiarity of the healthcare landscape in BC and Ontario is required
- Problem and conflict solving abilities collaborating and influencing people across organizations and levels
- Ability to lead multiple cross-functional projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent