KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB FUNCTIONS:
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Oversees the technical design, development and implementation of multiple, complex, corporate-wide systems.
- Manages multiple development projects, development groups and or application support functions for a major business segment.
- Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures "best practice" development techniques.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution and their ability to function effectively with their team.
- Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs having direct impact on the business.
- Works closely with third party technology vendors to trouble shoot complex technical issues.
- Gains firm recognition as an expert at the ITS level.
- Contributes to the development of client strategies at the project level.
- Understands industry trends and practices for areas of domain expertise.
- Contributes to the development of firm and industry standards and supports adoption of best practices
- Leads initiatives to recognize risks associated with application development and of potential impacts within IT, the business, and / or the firm's reputation.
- Manages risk, planning, and mitigation across supported applications and impacted areas.
- Determines staffing requirements and selects team members.
- Responsible for the technical / systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms. Role includes custodian of the established architecture assuring that documented standards and procedures are adhered to and ensure the smooth interpretability of the applications.
- Collaborating with IT Platform Management, work with the business to obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements at a function point context. Work with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies, agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirements. Also responsible for the Systems integration testing of applications prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- Applications Development professionals are responsible for working with their managers to assure their own continuing professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of their teams. At the more senior levels, application developers are expected to train others, participate in company and industry working groups, and encourage learning, sharing culture that supports development of innovative and effective business solutions.
- Applications Development professionals will develop a thorough understanding of the businesses they support along with well-developed people and project management skills. They may apply these skills either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- 8+ years Dev Ops Engineer experience
- Linux proficiency
- 2-3+ years experience with: git, docker, kubernetes, gitlab and github, Azure experience
- 2-3+ years experience with openshif
- 3-5 years experience with: bamboo, jenkins, ansible, CI/CD experience
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate
-Experience managing prem infrastructure, apache, weblogic, oracle, cassandra, nginx
- Provides functional / technical leadership to own team and to other teams
- Leads end to end delivery of highly complex / multiple domains
- Self sufficient
- Oversees implementation for entire area
- Works on multiple large or complex projects
- Makes technical decisions
- Manages complex intergroup issues and resolutions
- Articulates and communicates the overall solution
- Technical consultant/ mentor within own group and to other technical groups
- Approves technical and functional documentation
- Understands impact of integrating third party solutions to overall systems architecture.
- Directs process for determining Deliverables, resources, and schedules
- Ensures that technical components adhere to technical standards and guidelines
- Active participant at technology forums.
LINUX (5), SHELL SCRIPT (2), Ci-CD,Bamboo,Jenkins 3-5, Ansible, git, docker,K8S (5)
APACHE (2), JAVA (2), WEBLOGIC (2), Ci-CD,Bamboo,Jenkins 3-5, Ansible, git, docker,K8S (5)