Our Client is looking for a Brand Ambassador’s for an initial 12-month contract in Kelowna, BC
You will be joining a high performing team, passionate and dedicated to delivering on the client’s #1 strategic investment – a world-class fibre optic network that will ensure speed and capacity for generations to come. The team is responsible for sharing the client’s PureFibre message in communities across Alberta and British Columbia. The client is seeking creative, flexible, and outgoing individuals who have a propensity for turning challenges into opportunities.
About the Role
The client’s PureFibre team is currently seeking mature individuals to fill Brand Ambassador Positions on a 12-month contract across Alberta and British Columbia.
Successful individuals will take ownership and deliver on objectives through two types of events:
1. Local Experiential Marketing Events. The coordinators will speak to current and potential customers about the products and services. This shift will include event set-up and tear down.
2. Door Warming. You will meet our customers, or potential customers, at their homes to deliver a gift and a message on behalf of the PureFibre team. For example, this may include a thank you and/or did you know note. This role does not include sales, but an opportunity to inform the public about the products & services.
The number of hours required per week will be dependent on event schedules, vary from 0- 20 hours per week, based on your availability.
The successful candidates for this role will attend client events and/or door warming to deliver the client’s messaging and gifting. This will include:
o Pick up required collateral, swag, gifts or event equipment as required.
o On event, set up table or booth in accordance with the client’s brand standards. Throughout the event, engage with event attendees, sometimes actively searching them out. Help run any activations, take contest entries, etc. Post event, help break down the table/tent and return all materials as arranged.
o For door warming, you will engage in conversations with anyone who opens the door, following the direction given for that type of door warming, answering any questions and generally getting prospects and/or customers excited about PureFibre. While not selling, you will be asked to collect information.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Preference will be given to those who a second language including but not limited to: Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Tagalog or another second language, but not required.
• Passionate about outstanding customer service and sales
• Comfortable with technology
• Motivated to meet personal and event goals
• Love to work in a team and a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication (written, verbal) skills
• Desire to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
• Ability to travel and work unconventional hours
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• High school completion
• Some post-Secondary education (i.e. Marketing, Sales)
Must to have skills:
1. Enthusiasm and Energy
2. Problem Solving / Forward Thinker
3. A year or two of event, sales or customer service experience
3. Leadership qualities
4. Comfortable door warming
4. Must own your own car and have a valid Canadian Driver’s License
Nice to have skills:
1. Lots of availability
2. Positive demeanor during communications