Our Client is building the TV Experience of the future!
This is what they have to say:
If you want to be part of the most exciting journey, join our team! We are going to reinvent how entertainment is brought to people, through technology, content and exciting user experience.
We shall use the most modern and advanced technologies, creating small, independent and cohesive teams with diverse skills - to reach a commonly agreed target: rebuild entertainment!
Candidate preference would be in Edmonton, Toronto and Vancouver, however open to remote for best fit. Role will be fully remote during COVID and will move to a flexible schedule after.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
- We need you to design, build and deploy the technology needed for the new TV experience, contributing to our teams with your knowledge, enthusiasm and creativity.
- The technology we build with you shall define a reference for the TV of the future, and we shall leverage all the power of our Network to build an immersive, complete multimedia environment.
- What we plan to do does not exist in the market, and we want to be the landmark for innovation in this exciting space.
- We will partner with the most advanced technology players to redesign the TV architecture, and we shall leverage the cloud to access unlimited power.
- We plan to reach users across all devices, and to create a unique, personal entertainment experience, starting from the TV. We are already collaborating with the leaders in this area, and many others plan to join.
- We shall create a dynamic, open work environment, where creativity is superpowered by technology, in a continuous quest for innovation.
- Consulting with Product Owner, and key stakeholders to gather business requirements.
- Translating business requirements into functional/technical requirements.
- Incorporating epics, themes, business problems and features into concise user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Scheduling and leading key agile ceremonies, such as stand-ups, product demos, retrospectives and planning.
- Supporting the team to identify roadblocks that prevent the team from delivering product features to our customers.
- Helping the team to minimize noise that prevents them from meeting their sprint commitments.
- Increasing the team’s agile fluency through coaching the team to embrace and embed lean and agile practices in their work.
- Leading discussion and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Enabling the team to become self-organized and empowered teams that consistently deliver on their sprint commitments.
- Ensuring the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Scrum Master or Business Analyst working with Scrum, Kanban and ScrumBan.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices.
- In depth experience with Lean, Lean Startup and Lean UX approaches.
- Outstanding facilitation skills and experience.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential, and champion change.
- Experience working in complex, multi-project, multi-team environments.
- Self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position and can constructively resolve problems.
- A passion and commitment to your own personal development.
Professional Skills Requirement:
- Share our passion for all things digital.
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment.
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers.
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning.
- View collaboration as essential to your work.
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions.
- Embrace diversity and new ideas.