Our client is looking for an eager, solution-oriented Senior Technical Manager that will work in a team environment to provide technical expertise developing, maintaining and implementing modern software solutions with leading edge open source tools and platforms for on-premise and cloud applications. They will be responsible for leading a team of engineering resources to understand and describe technical architecture changes, describe solution components, and provide both strategic oversight and tactical implementation support.
You will call on a diverse set of skills for back-end development of their application and to support multiple projects that you will complete with your team. You will contribute to their Technical Leadership to defining the roadmap for our platform and ecosystem of software products, aligning it to best practices for cloud native applications and leading-edge development patterns.
The right individual is talented, informed, loves to communicate, and would enjoy the challenge of applying their expertise to aid in transforming a high-volume system to make a significant and lasting impact for Canadians across the country every day.
What You’ll Do:
What you Bring:
- · Ensure projects are completed according to aligned upon timeline. Ensure the application achieves quality goals and is easy to support post launch
- · Ensure Developer Experience is optimal removing barriers from the development process including an effective DevOps process
- · Lead a team of direct reports including coaching and mentoring including hands-on assistance for team members
- · Prioritize business requirements and technical requirements to establish a complete backlog and to ensure applications don’t accrue technical debt
- · Ensure projects are completed leveraging modern architecture and technology aligned with Technology approved technologies and governance.
- · Many years of experience with a strong background in modern software engineering and architecture including creating and working with Microservices in Spring boot framework
- · Experience with Cloud Native Design Patterns. Cloud experience (preferably including some of GCP, Azure, PCF, OpenShift, Anthos, GKE). Strong understanding of Cloud API’s and scalability
- · API creation and RESTful services with API Gateways and asynchronous and synchronous microservice integration patterns
- · Relational (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) database experience
- · Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Git) and artifact repositories
- · Experience within Healthcare would be an asset