Our Client is in need of a Salesforce Developer for a contract position in Vancouver, BC.
As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will work with the System Architect and development team to support the design/implementation of solutions on the Salesforce.com platform. Primarily using Salesforce.com (SFDC), you are always looking to transform design solutions into working deliverables, and drive continuous improvement in our development processes.
• Configure, customize, and develop object oriented software for the Salesforce.com (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud etc)
• Design and implement enhancements including creation of custom objects, Apex classes, triggers, workflows.
• Design, develop and maintain VisualForce, AppExchange, Force.com pages and integration with on premise or third party solutions using Web Services.
• Perform declarative configuration work as required, including definition and implementation of Org-wide defaults, Roles, User Profiles, Security, Record Ownership rules, Sharing Rules, to support business needs.
• Design and develop well architected, robust automated systems and frameworks ensuring high quality of code; Design scalable systems with performance and security in mind
• Investigate and evaluate new technologies and supporting products
• Conduct periodic software continuous improvement cycles
• lead technical activities for complex projects in a cross functional environment
• Challenge, mentor and guide developers on applying Salesforce development best practices
• Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements.
• work with other technical team members, business analysts, and leaders to support translating business deliverables into technical outcomes
• Create and document technical requirements, design specifications, and unit/integration test plans for functional and technical completeness and accuracy.
• Make recommendations to improve product quality, reliability, performance, and scalability
• Independently perform development, testing, implementation, and documentation as it relates to Salesforce.com software and Force.com platform.
• Participate in technical activities for complex projects in a cross functional environment; Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams
• Troubleshoot issues, manage ongoing Tier II/III support requests and administrative needs of users through Cases in SFDC; Assist SFDC Administrator in high volume periods as required.
Required Knowledge & Experience
• 7+ years of experience in software application development using: APEX, Visual Force, HTML, Java Script, Informatica, SQL other programming languages (Familiarity with other object oriented languages: Java, PHP, ASP.NET, Angular JS etc., and design patterns is considered an asset)
• Minimum of 3-5 years as a SFDC Developer with system administration experience
• Experience across various Salesforce clouds (Sales, Marketing, Communities, Service and Platform clouds etc.) as well as solid development and implementation experience on the Salesforce platform (Apex, VisualForce, etc.)
• Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using web services and app exchange apps including SOA integration technologies (web services, WSDL, SOAP, REST)
• Experience with infrastructure tools (integration infrastructure, MDM, BI & reporting, data replication, application server infrastructure, and ETL) is considered an asset.
• Experience mentoring juniors, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
Experience with the following:
• developing, automating, web-services and working in an SaaS environment
• developing/designing automation, utilities, and helper frameworks
• Integration experience on Salesforce.com using SOAP and REST API’s
• authentication and authorization protocols, familiarity with LDAP and SSL
• Working with Apex Scheduling, Batch processes, Apex Class controllers & Triggers with Governor Limits
• versioning control (we use BitBucket) and continuous integrations tools
• Salesforce deployment tools is considered an asset (Copado)
• Agile Development, SCRUM methodologies
• Database query and scripts
Must to have skills:
1. Extensive hands-on Salesforce development and integration experience (6+ years)
2. Team leader experience
3. Expert trouble shooting skills in Salesforce code
4. Must have excellent communication skills in English
Nice to have skills:
2.Experienced in agile methodology
3.Expert in Service Cloud
Required Professional Designation / Certification:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or equivalent experience
• Certified SFDC System Administrator and Certified SFDC Developer