Senior Application Architect
Our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework and DevOps practices and tools. We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior managers.
Our squad’s mandate is to build a self-serve platform to provision cloud infrastructure on demand to all tenants within the company, leveraging available micro-services and various products API.
If you love…
And you want to…
- Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in team building activities
- Building new systems; you will shape and construct a new digital experience
- Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to make the best product
- DevOps; we are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
- Continuous improvement; our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework to deliver in shorter cycles, adjust according to our tenants needs and continuously improve.
- Innovation. As a software architect, you will contribute to shape the product backlog in a highly technical, complex and innovative domain (Public-Cloud, Kubernetes / Openshift, Openstack, Multi Edge Computing).
- Open Source. Our team is truly committed to open source. Working with us, you will have the opportunity to influence the whole industry direction through involvement & commitment to major open source initiatives
- Cloud Native architecture. You will shape our Network Cloud platforms, the core infrastructure of virtualization strategy
- Technology. You will deal with a variety of cutting edge Software and Networking technologies that will shape how the client will transform how networks are build and operated
- Develop product vision, goals, themes and features
- Support the development of a prioritized Product Backlog, including breaking down the high-level features and marketing requirements into more detailed features, developing user stories, acceptance criteria and scenarios for the development team to develop working software
- Help review product KPIs and Quality metrics on a regular basis and plan with the team on corrective measures to improve the same keeping in mind the company-specific quality gates and metrics
- Facilitate collaboration sessions between stakeholders around the priorities of feature development
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Provide regular feedback to the various team members during regular performance cycles on areas of improvement and focus
- Use cloud-native principles to build an application using micro-services
- Design a CI/CD delivery (Gitlab-Ci)
- Understand complex problems and design solutions to meet customer needs
- Translate network concepts and detailed customer requirements into a software design that can be implanted by a team
- Embrace and implement big ideas, not stopping at what can easily be accomplished
- Design and deliver advanced analytics feature for an array of software applications
- Contribute to the roadmap and implementation of a standardized cloud technology platform
- Drive adoption of standardized technologies and platforms by software developers across the organization
- Engage with teams across the organization to contribute to knowledge sharing and code-reuse
- Lead and mentor a team of software developers
- Provide timeline estimations and contribute to project planning
- Continuous learning and development of software skills, network knowledge, and the latest industry trends.
- Define end-to-end application architecture and integration points with other tool/system and team.
- Strong experience in web application design (Front-end, back-end, API layer)
- Strong knowledge of databases, SQL (PostgreSQL), NOSQL
- Strong experience in Docker, K8S, Helm, and micro-serviced application
- DevOps experience
- Extensive experience with at least 1 programming language (Python/Django, Java, Golang)
- Knowledge of NODE.JS, Vue.JS, TypeScript, Sass
- Strong knowledge of testing frameworks: Unit tests, e2e, integration, Gherkin, Cypress, etc.
- Knowledge of messager broker Kafka
- Knowledge with monitoring solutions (Promotheus, Grafana)
- Software development methodologies TDD, BDD
- Git proficiency
- Familiar with the software life-cycle, development tools, building process, version control, product verification
- Experience in application integration including recommending and validating solution designs
- Hands-on experience working with public and/or hybrid cloud architectures and solutions
- Experience with virtualization platforms
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Regular - Full Time
Canada : Quebec : Montreal