Description of Work:
Reporting to the Manager, Online & Mobile Banking, the primary focus of this position is contributing to the day-to-day development and support of client' Online Banking. We are looking for an experienced developer who can deliver high quality code and results that will help us on our journey of transforming banking. Those that share our passion and deep curiosity for technology and software.
1. Software development activities to enhance and support the Online Banking system, collaborating with other groups including Architecture, QA, Operations, Enterprise Integration, CXO, Payments and others as required.
2. Live the Client's in the delivery of technical solutions with a focus to deliver high-quality sustainable IT systems.
3. Be a champion for client’s software development lifecycle (SDLC) and continuous process improvement within the Technology Innovation and Engineering (TIE) team, by constantly examining and adapting existing practices and processes – following Agile - Scrum methodology.
4. Contribute feedback on processes and techniques to enable Continuous Delivery as a software delivery methodology.
5. Ensure that all relevant information is documented and maintained for the support and team knowledge purposes.
6. Ensure proper development practices are documented and maintained for versioning control of source code, utilizing an approved software repository.
7. Provide on-call and after hours support when required on a rotational basis within the team.
8. Follow appropriate client processes as directed by the leaders such as development processes, change management, quality assurance and related.
9. Gathering and maintaining a set of agreed upon key metrics to be used to measure service performance and delivery with implemented tools and processes.
10. Participate in continuous learning processes, always sharpening software development capabilities and knowledge. Collaborate with the team and support each other for the mission critical systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
2. Deep experience of .NET and corresponding implementations using common software design patterns at scale. - 5+ years.
3. Knowledge and experience in developing, maintaining and enhancing a 24x7 online system with a huge client base. This is based on Windows Servers, SQL Server database and IIS. Following latest security compliance, monitoring and practices. – 5+years.
4. Proven experience with enterprise relational databases (SQL Server, DB2).
5. Solid understanding of various development processes/tools including continuous delivery (CI/CD), branching strategies, code reviews, Jenkins, SVN, Octopus.
6. Awareness of various industry leading software development lifecycle processes such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration techniques.
7. Well versed in security best practices as it relates to software development and operational support.
8. Knowledge of software patterns such as MVC, Builder, Factories and Singleton.
Additional Skills "Nice to Have":
1. Upgrade and Migration of .NET, SQL Server, Windows OS
2. Build and deployment automation in CI/CD
3. Performance improvements in .NET and Web based systems
4. Application monitoring tools - Splunk or similar