The Technology Principle - Cloud and DevOps will be a key resource in growing the Cloud & DevOps business. The candidate will take ownership of this area , direct the strategy & organizational capacity building, key priorities, and decisions.
Strategy, Innovation and Client leadership
- Responsible for selection, development and showcasing of different use-cases highlighting our expertise relevant to the specified industry vertical
- Keep abreast of emerging technology and business trends, develop and execute Cloud & DevOps strategy that takes advantage of these trends, and collaborate with other organizational leaders to package services that can be marketed
- Leverage expertise and knowledge of industry standards to develop client engagement methodologies and governance artifacts for responsiveness and growth.
- As a Cloud Business and DevOps subject matter expert, utilize strong technical & business competencies along with customer service orientation to set up migration and CI/CD methodologies and giving consultative guidance to clients and partners on Cloud platforms such as like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Develop marketing collateral, offerings, and supporting materials and communicate offer messaging effectively to sales and client teams for qualification discussions
- Provide leadership, education, and guidance to relevant teams on continuous integration, continuous delivery, infrastructure, tooling, monitoring, alerting, and security practices
- Develop and own frameworks, processes and governance process for effective delivery of value to the customers through different types of engagements
- Create strategy (technology, client engagement, solution/ proposal)
- Create technical engagement opportunities identification and generation of sales opportunities and cultivation of pipeline growth
- Actively participate in social media and professional forums to create pull effect in driving customer interest
- Effectively utilise and build network and contacts to identify opportunities of engagement
- Identify and communicate market trends and opportunities within the domain to internal sales teams and clients
- Develop training programs to increase the effectiveness and knowledge of team members
- Responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of Cloud & DevOps solutions for clients
- Act as technical lead on a customer facing engagement and assist clients in defining strategy & migrating to the cloud
- Leading the RFI/RFP process which includes understanding the RFI/RFP requirements, contributing to preparing the solution - presenting capabilities, experience, solutioning and pricing, and authoring the response
- Good understanding of the bid management process and proposal lifecycle prior experience in handling and managing RFI/RFP responses required
Marketing & brand representation
Who you are:
- Represent client's Cloud & DevOps Services in industry conferences and forums
- Preparing and maintaining collateral for the delivery and account teams (case studies, brochures, white papers, presentations)
- Building business case studies and engaging on projects/strategic initiatives that build a value proposition for the client
- Carrying out research, reporting trends and new market developments, Identifying potential opportunities for future business
- BA or BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A Master's degree is a plus in a related field.
- Expert level cloud architect certifications required (AWS or Microsoft)
- 15+ total years of experience in IT services/technology and at least 10+ years of experience in Cloud computing technologies, concepts and Cloud consulting, in the areas of Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Global Cloud technologies, Pipeline Automation, Containers & Service Mesh.
- 5+ years of experience in IT or Technology sales roles with good communication skills, proven experience of managing business relations with clients and customers.
- Extensive knowledge of the software development landscape and experience changing the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to appropriately target information across technical audiences, clients and executive leaders.
- Intimate familiarity with architecting solutions on cloud computing platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Proven experience of architecting, deploying, managing and optimizing solutions on public cloud such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and or private Cloud like VMware and Openstack with major open source DevOps tools experience.
- Extensive experience with various tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Subversion, Git, Docker and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform. Chef is preferred.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages including Shell, PHP and/or Python
- Proficient in one or more of the following monitoring and logging tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Logstash, Graphite, Splunk. Splunk is preferred.
- Possess a bias for action when breaking down complex problems and tackling new technologies.
- Thought leader on Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how any given DevOps approach facilitates these practices to drive business goals