Our client is in need of a Senior DevOps Engineer for an initial 9-month contract.
The Senior DevOps Engineer 3 should have the following Education and Must Have Skills to be considered for this position.
In addition to technical skills, a qualified DevOps engineer must have the following certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• Professional level AWS certification
• 7+ years of pertinent experience as a DevOps engineer
Must to have skills:
• Hands-on experience with GCP and or AWS in a professional or commercial setting developing automated delivery of products (software, infrastructure, pipeline, …)
• Experience and excellent understanding of core GCP service
• Strong working knowledge and experience implementing Terraform templates
• Experience with automated deployments/baking of Windows ad Linux EC2 instances/images. Docket and Kubernetes knowledge
• Knowledge and experience of a least one object oriented programing language such as Java, Python, Ruby, …
• Excellent experience with configuring monitoring and alerting of system and application events (CloudWatch, Data Dog, New Relic, Dynatrace…)
• Experience with GIT, SVN and/or CodeComit in a DevOps context.
• Knowledge and experience using Jira and Confluence
• Excellent knowledge of system, network and security design principals (firewall’s, subnet’s, routing, load balancing, …)
• Good Knowledge of the Agile development methodology