Looking for an intermediate PM for a 6 contract opportunity in Toronto, ON
Deliver innovation and strategic thinking across our business. Contribute directly to results on executive scorecards this year, paving the path for a radical redesign of how we support all of our products. The ideal candidate will be tasked to bring cross-functional teams together to plan, execute and report on a strategic project supported by our executive team.
- Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of a project. Plans and manages all aspects of a project including, but not limited to, scope, execution, and budget
- Manages projects comprised of multiple sub-projects and tasks.
- Evaluates project deliverable changes and determines their impact on related and interdependent tasks and projects
- Develops detailed project plans. Monitors and controls project plan. Conducts status reviews with team leaders and management.
- Identifies variances and initiates corrective action to stay on target.
- Resolves and/or ensures appropriate resolution of all business and technical issues
- Identifies and manages risks associated with the project. Develops and executes contingency plan
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or calendar with Project Owner and/or management
- Performs analysis of schedule, regarding resources, costs and task completion.
- Maintains effective communication of status with Project Owner, management, and the team
Must to have skills:
1. Advanced Project Management skills, managed medium to large scale projects that had various complexities and several cross-functional teams
2. Organization & analytical skills to problem solve, stay on top of the project complexities and identify any gaps/opportunities
3. Communication skills, to bring together cross-functional teams and also communicate status on the project to executive teams
Nice to have skills:
1. PMP certification (would like to see this, but if the individual has the experience to match, that’s fine)
2. Branding and/or advertising experience in a project management capacity
3. Fleet management, vehicle wrapping, branding, or technology product experience
- 7+ years of project management experience
- A knack for working with others - successful in bringing people together to focus on delivery of projects, and understand the project visions
- Known to focus on outcomes, working through ambiguity & delivering with a "no task is too big or too small" attitude
- Advanced time management and analytical skills