The "Director – Technology Sales" will originate and close technology services opportunities in target accounts - both existing assigned accounts as well as whitespace accounts. This role focuses on technology-based selling in Application Development, System Integration, Automation, Cloud and DevOps deals. SI deals include but are not limited to implementations, deployments, upgrades, testing, factory development, project control services or other staff augmentation opportunities.
As a "Director – Technology Sales", you will grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of offerings. You will drive the sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis, growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, sales negotiations and closure. You will also be involved in multiple activities like targeting the right clients, grow quality pipeline, win profitable deals and manage sales activities with the objective of creating mutually beneficial, trust-based relationships that create value.
Who YOU Are:
- Own the complete sales cycle i.e. originating, developing, validating, qualifying, and closing sales opportunities
- Find new leads, identify the decision makers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future
- Gain trust as an advisor, build key customer relationships, prepare persuasive pitches and present the value of our services and solutions to C-level executives
- Regularly interact with senior management levels at a client, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters
- Provide solutions to complex business problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Participate in formulating and pricing the solution/service by work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attend industry events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Improve company's market position and achieve financial growth.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Deep understanding of Digital space including Software Design and Development, Cloud, AI as well as market trends
- 7 to 10 years of experience in successfully selling technology consulting solutions (software and or services) in Enterprise and/or Mid-Market space
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and closing new business to sell end-to end solutions within the Telecom and/or Financial sector is plus.
- Ability to establish new, effective and long-lasting client relationships, including the ability to start new client conversations with the intent of origination.
- Ability to operate at the strategic level, yet being close enough to the details to add value to potential clients.
- Exceptional leadership/management skills and superb oral and written communication, with seasoned presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge or experience around the services industry with particular emphasis on strategy, consulting, and product development.
- Proven ability to close deals under high stress to successful completion.
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills; negotiation skills and common sense.