The applicant would be focused on the configuration, maintenance and support of a mission critical applications, built on both Linux and windows .Net platform. Resource must have excellent analytical skills with a talent for troubleshooting applications and databases. Resource must be comfortable working in manufacturing environment, with significant impact from failures or delayed recovery from failure. Role will involve onsite work at both Cambridge and Woodstock sites. Role will involve carrying a company issued phone and laptop, to provide remote support as necessary. There is an opportunity to become involved in many other manufacturing systems (primarily .Net).
Please note: Expectation to work onsite a minimum of 4 days a week
Location: Remote until Feb 15th – Cambridge, ON if lockdown is lifted
Skills and Qualities:
· 5+ years experience with .Net development and support
· Demonstrated troubleshooting and debugging skills
· 5+ years experience with Linux environments, scripting and configuration.
· Knowledge of Linux kernel programming, RPM packaging an asset.
· Manufacturing Systems support experience is preferred.
· Self-starter with excellent communication skills.
· Passionate about learning new systems and eager to identify opportunities for improvement
· PostgreSQL/CentOS experience an asset
· Azure DevOps experience an asset
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science