The Infrastructure Analyst will have a focus on planning and supporting our Virtualization (VMware, Nutanix AHV) and Storage environments (NetApp) while adding valuable support to the Backup (NetBackup, Commvault) environments supported by the Infrastructure Services Team.
A typical day
Virtualization & Storage Technical Knowledge and Experience.
Service Metrics & Reporting
- An understanding and experience with virtualization (VMware, Nutanix AHV), clustered storage (NetApp), and backup technologies (Commvault, NetBackup).
- Ensure all systems in the domain are monitored, managed, maintained, and supported, and adhere to all security guidelines.
- Planning, design, and implementation of system installations and configuration.
- Planning and implementation of consolidation, patching, upgrades, and hardware lifecycle management activities as required.
- Service Management support including Incidents, Change Controls, Service Requests, and Problem Tickets.
- Prepare accurate technical documentation and participation in peer review of technical MOPS.
- Liaise with various groups including Architecture and Operational teams.
- Work closely with vendors.
- Participate in triage and root cause analysis.
- Participate in team On-Call rotations (24 x 7) and workday escalations involving complex problem solving for incident resolution.
- Participates in establishing an annual Performance Management Plan (PMP) for career development.
- Accountable for reporting, and service metrics including analytics, capacity, and performance of the virtualization environments as requested by Leadership.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or similar program
- 5+ years working with design, development, and support of IT systems
- Knowledge and experience with VMware, Nutanix (AHV), and NetApp environments is essential.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow is an asset
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Highly skilled in the troubleshooting/resolving of complex technical issues
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and coordination skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills are a must
- Highly motivated, energetic, and reliable
- Excellent communication skills and technical writing abilities are a must