As part of the Infrastructure Operations group, The Windows Infrastructure Analyst contract role will work as part of the project team to support the successful delivery of the Vulnerability Management Program for our client, focused on securing the Microsoft operating system platform.
Execute efficient, effective operations within our client’s Microsoft environment that directly support the program:
- Working primarily with SCCM environment, this role will be responsible for delivering operating system patch management and related security agents to all of the client’s Windows assets. The role may also be required to for server lifecycle changes (builds, upgrades, decommission) in both virtual and physical environments.
- Creating and maintaining support documentation for processes like patching and server builds.
- Assisting with the identification of server assets, versions, patch levels, agent status.
- Building reporting functionality and self serve capability in SCCM. Maintaining ongoing compliance reporting for application of agents and patches to support the various projects within the program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with end users, team members, other groups and vendors.
- Keen interest and understanding of Security and Cyber Security concepts, and how they pertain to the Microsoft landscape.
- Independently taking on work to deliver the enterprise program which require a strong understanding of core concepts in Microsoft technologies (i.e. Active Directory, group policy, sites and services, systems center configuration manager, etc).
- Provide expertise to the client’s internal customers and the project team on Microsoft SCCM, reporting to customers on assets, successes and following up on failures to resolution.
- Strong skills in application troubleshooting/support, and an ability to stay calm under pressure. Serving as escalation resource and representing the team on operating systems and application integration issues as related to installs of agents, patching deployments, or any other project related work.
- Supporting the Microsoft environment through standard ITSM Processes. This role may be expected to engage on Service Requests/Incident/Changes/Problems that are escalated to the team in ServiceNow both regarding program activities or regular day to day as time permits.
- Provides input based on technical expertise and has a strong understanding of industry best practices.
- After business hours or evening or weekend shifts of work may be required as patching is often completed after hours for systems/servers.
Key Organizational Interface Points & Shared Responsibilities
- Provides Microsoft technology platform expertise in the delivery of client's technology projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with applications teams in the provisioning and support of Windows based servers and services.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd tier level support to Server Operations, Desktop Services and Application Services teams with incidents and issues related to Windows servers and Microsoft technology.
- Participation as a key member of the Vulnerability Management program team.
- Building and delivering reporting from SCCM.
- Successful delivery of security agents to all servers.
- Increasing the number of devices in a regular patching cycle.
- 100% Successful completion of monthly patch cycles.
- Automation of patching process / delivery.
- Building self service reporting in SCCM for end users.
- Provide input to or creation of technical documentation (process and/or architecture).
- Weekly status reporting.