Summary of Job:
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Individual will be required to support development of PowerBI visualizations for Procurement dashboards.
- Experience with BI dashboard creation is a requirement and having PowerBI or Tableau experience is an asset.
- The implementation of the database is established, however, having the skill set to learn and understand primary key correlations between our Ivalua tables will help with being self sufficient with building dashboards based on requirements.
- Experience with Excel pivot charts, FAX, SQL will also assist with the dashboard development.
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Individuals within the Business Analysis job family are responsible for ensuring that business requirements are clearly identified, prioritized and satisfied by appropriate technical and or business process solutions.
- The Business Analysis role continues throughout the development lifecycle of any solution. Key responsibilities include eliciting, analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements, process flows, identifying system and process solution components, producing functional specifications for solution components or possibly for the integrated solutions. At the highest levels, they can help identify and address business opportunities with innovative business architectures.
- Business Analysis professionals define test cases, validate individual functions and the overall solution delivery, and may be directly involved in the test process. Individuals within this job family also may be responsible for identifying, analyzing, reporting and helping with the mitigation of IT risks. They may also assure that the necessary business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place, maintained and tested for satisfactory resiliency for critical business processes, in response to a wide range of potential threats. This includes coordinating business continuity activities including planning, testing, and incident/crisis management, to assure survivability and viability of client in case of significant business / IT disruption.
- Individual in this job family are involved in setting technology and business strategies and ensuring their optimal convergence. Business Analysis professionals provide the key interface between users and developers and therefore require deep business knowledge across business areas and a technical appreciation across a range of technologies. Successful Business Analysts have excellent written and oral communication skills, project management and people management skills.
- Performs analysis for projects with significant internal use impact and risk to day-to-day internal business processes.
- Typically works on multiple related projects simultaneously
- Helps determine deliverables, resources, and schedules
- Generates and documents internal business and functional specification requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, task and workflow analysis in moderately complex environments.
- Refines requirements using critical evaluation techniques
- Communicates with project managers, application developers, subject matter experts and end users.
- Prepares documentation on expected benefits, use cases, current / proposed process, workflows, data flows, process re-engineering studies, functional specifics, risk integration, end-user adoption plans /guides and organization structures.
- Defines assumptions
- Proposes system requirements to fulfill business user requirements.
- Reviews test plans.
- Conducts one on one training.
- Identifies and highlights problem areas, gaps or conflicts derived from information gathered.
- Generates and proposes system development options for resolution.
- Understands how business and IT strategies align within projects in the supported organizations.
- Extends understanding of business and IT strategies that impact the supported organizations.
- Helps select team members
- Communicates effectively with meaningful and articulate verbal discussions.
- Creates clear and coherent written materials.
- Creates concise summaries and reports.
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management and Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
- Organizes information with an appropriate level of detail.
- 1 - 3 years of Business Analysis experience.
- Undergraduate degree.
EXCEL (3), MS OFFICE (2), BI - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (2)
SQL (1), DATA WAREHOUSING (1), DATA MODELLING - LOGICAL (1)