Our client is hiring a copywriter to join their team for three days per week at own in-house creative production team.
Studios is composed of designers, photographers, producers, and web developers who partner with various teams to imagine, create and deliver creative content for both internal and external audiences. In this role, as a storyteller you’ll support the development and execution of bold and compelling content through writing, editing, proofreading, and collateral review. To be successful, you’ll be a multifaceted writer familiar with multiple channels, ranging from branded websites and social channels to videos, radio scripts, online ads, client presentations and print collateral. You’ll know how to write for each medium and the ways that audiences interact with the content.
Reporting to the Manager of Design Studios, you will be part of a team of creative professionals who are restless in their search for new ways to engage audiences. Our culture fosters collaborative learning in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Work collaboratively with creative leads and cross-functionally with clients to generate and build content for upcoming campaigns.
- Write and edit new and existing marketing content; push boundaries for what is possible using different formats.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively while taking direction from others.
- Ensure all content is correct and error-free, including grammar and spelling along with brand voice.
- Partner with marketing and communications teams on content planning and execution; generate and pitch ideas.
- Keep on top of industry trends
- Outstanding writing and editing skills; great spelling and strong grasp of grammar is a must.
- Ability to write in a variety of styles for multiple media and audiences while still keeping with the brand tone
- Knowledge of current marketing and advertising trends and best practices
- A passion for social media; expert knowledge of various social platforms
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly and creatively – must perform under pressure
- Ability to manage competing priorities and project deadlines in an efficient and timely manner
- Required Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Agency experience is considered an asset
- A diploma or degree in English, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or other related discipline
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong editorial and copywriting skills
- Fluency in French is considered an asset