Our Client in Toronto is looking for a Project manager with Initial 6 months contract
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful implementation of complex outsourcing projects for Canada.
The Project Management tasks/activities include:
- Planning for the project, meeting agreed upon project goals, including project profitability and timelines, coordinating task completion with cross functional business and technical teams, and ensuring that a systematic communication and control plan is in place at all times.
- Project managers will have accountability for deliverables and will manage the risk and technical assessment activities with subject matter experts.
- Specifically in this engagement the Project Manager will plan, coordinate and control the various activities related to the implementation of a large scale office equipment deployment within a complex client environment.
- The work effort related to the scope of the project requires the assessment of current state recommended changes to the environment through implementation of the said recommendations and finally the change management activities such as training, post install technical support.
- The project will require the coordination of activities with 3rd party companies and with a significant amount of departments.
- The Project Manager builds credibility with customers by establishing strong professional relationships with key client executives.
- Support the account team through the implementation and project management activities related to Services solutions
- Coordinates the internal functions of a project start up with business operations, Services delivery and 3rd party partners
- Able to break down multi-phase, multi geography projects into manageable components and to organize work effectively and efficiently
- Responsible to ensure project plan is adhered to building contingency planning, staff requirement plans, escalating resource constraints
- Responsible for managing activities with customer organization, including providing customer with timely and effective communication during implementation stages
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Leading - Ability to establish direction, aligns people to a common goal, motivate and inspire people
- Client Management - Ability to communicate and manage expectation, developing and maintaining high level client relationships
- Conflict Management - Ability to identify solutions and to create win-win situations in resolving differences
- Communication - Ability to communicate clearly, good oral, writing and presentation skills
- Project Planning - Ability to properly break the scope of any project into manageable components and to organize the work in effectively utilizing the resources available to the team
- Project Control - Ability to track the progress of the project. Ability to identify and anticipate risks and to take appropriate actions to mitigate the risks
- Problem Solving - Ability to analyze and identify root causes of problems and device the appropriate solutions to solve the problems
- Organizational and Time Management - Ability to manage multiple assignments involving large volume of work and to manage, consult and deliver projects with multi-disciplined teams
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of maturity and business acumen
- Previous experience of technology rollouts (telecommunications IT rollouts, office equipment rollouts) would be an asset.
- French Canadian & English language is required.
- Quick starter, self motivated, Prior experience with equipment deployments is a plus.
- PMP Certified.