TPO’s will be voice of our customer’s/business vision and will be working with Engineering team to bring that vision to life. TPO’s will need to use their business and technical capabilities to help influence the solutions and provide business value to our customers, and using their technical abilities, they have to coordinate the development process that takes these ideas from requirements to fully operational systems. The role of Technical Product Owner draws on skills of software architecture and development, business analysis and project management.
- Transform the vision for the product to a built solution, TPO’s will be responsible for generating user stories from business and nonfunctional requirements and will work with the Software Architect to define the roadmap for the development team.
- PO’s should be committed in producing effective, well-defined stories that will be the bedrock of a great product. Work with Product Managers/Business to ensure the product features are defined in the backlog, ensuring the priority of the features and the acceptance criteria are defined.
- TPO’s will lead the user story grooming meetings with the development team and will be a decisionmaker in determining what to build and when, sequencing user stories based on value to customer, criticality and timeline.
- Throughout the product lifecycle, TPO’s will represent the voice of the customer/business by participating in demos and acceptance tests and internal feedback review sessions to ensure we’re on track. TPO’s will work at the intersection of business and technical teams to ensure the right people have what they need to keep the product development process moving well, and status updates are provided the customers/business and internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
- You will work closely with the Product Manager to define and maintain the roadmap for the product. In delivering product to customers/business on time and budget, we want TPO’s to assess the potential risks in our product development process proactively.
- TPO’s are expected to anticipate challenges and hurdles that team should be aware of so they can effectively mitigate them. Lead and participate in sprint planning, backlog refinement and other ceremonies required by Scrum/Kanban methodologies Lead business acceptance activities in test and production environments validating the product behavior meets the expectations of the business stakeholders and Presidents Choice Financial customers.
- When necessary be a contributor to the overall success of the initiative by filling the responsibilities of other roles in their pods/scrums. This may include aspects of the role of the Scrum Master, Quality Assurance, Business Stakeholder and Developer. Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to resolve deadlocks, present feasible options and drive agreement towards a solution
- Strong Knowledge of project/IT life-cycle using Agile methodology
- Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst or Product Owner/Technical Product Owner End to End Solution architecture and DevOps Database structures and relational database design and modeling SOAP/XML, RESTFUL/JSON schema and micro services design
- Knowledge on technologies such as Elasticsearch, Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka, Apache Beam, Apache Spark, Hive, HDFS, Kubernetes (Openshift)
- Knowledge on Cloud Platform Knowledge on security standards and implementing high secured banking solutions.
- Financial, banking and/or credit card experience
- Experience with designing and implementing real-time and batch micro-services Hands on experience in API documentation (Swagger), data mapping, ETL and SQL scripting Collaborate with engineers, architecture, DevOps, IT infrastructure, and TechOps teams to lead the definition and creation of technical user stories for both new releases and application/system updates.
- Develop and review user stories that will ensure coverage of business and technical requirements documented in product features, epics and other artifacts, while meeting release schedules (deadlines).
- Review the plans and system integration test strategies related to owned technical stories. Participate in System Integration Test executions with multiple vendors and other PODs from other areas, in order to successfully validate API – End points (Micro Services) and Batch interfaces.
- Work closely with all layers of the technology team to analyze the assigned defects, create the appropriate artifacts in the ticketing system (Jira), address them according to their priority and track them to resolution.
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Interaction skills are represented by the Product Owner’s/Technical Product Owner ability to relate, cooperate, and communicate with different kinds of people including executives, sponsors, colleagues, team members, developers, vendors, learning and development professionals, end users, customers, and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Teamwork skills allow Technical Product Owners to work productively with team members, stakeholders, and any other vested partners so that solutions can be effectively developed and implemented. Negotiation skills are necessary in order to reach a common understanding or an agreement.
- During this process, Product Owners /Technical Product Owners help resolve conflicts and differences of opinion with the intent of maintaining and strengthening working relationships among stakeholders and team members.