View all jobs
Sr. Android Developer (Java, Kotlin) - 122662Toronto, ON
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Work within the Media IT team to develop, enhance, and maintain mobile applications.
- Show expertise and experience in mobile development best practices, current trends, current limitations, and future enhancements to Android platform.
- Report directly to the Manager of Mobile Development and work closely with the other Development Teams to design and implement a growing collection of applications to support our business.
- Create Android applications for phones and tablets according to given requirements and wireframes
- Work with the Manager of Mobile Development to provide estimates and status updates
- Act as technical lead on projects, assist with defining the solution
- Complete end to end features in existing Android applications in Java using Android Studio
- Work with both external vendors and the web development team to integrate with back-end feeds and APIs
- Fully participate in Agile methodologies with all members of the product team
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years working with Android SDK / Android Studio
- Fluent knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience creating technical designs
- Multiple mobile apps published
- Published mobile apps that deliver streaming video is a big plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas to a business oriented audience.