Our Clients app empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly-personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. The Company’s sports betting app delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, and Indiana. The company creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
Typical Work Day:
- Develop, scale, and optimize amazing GraphQL & RESTful APIs.
- Be part of our backend service teams supporting web and mobile clients.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile/scrum environment.
- Other duties as required.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design.
- Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship.
- Experience with modern web framework and API development (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Node).
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar.
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases; including PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience with background job processing (Exq, Sidekiq, Celery, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ).
- Comfortable working in the terminal.
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as ExUnit, RSpec, Jest, pytest or equivalent.
- Experience working with profiling tools.
- Knowledge and familiarity with caching strategies and tools.
- Consuming and integrating with third party APIs.
- We are looking for intermediate and/or senior developers, experience ranging from 4+ years.
- We use Elixir as a code base for the most part. We prefer engineers who are genuinely interested and/or experienced in functional programming in general and the Elixir ecosystem, in particular.
- We are a technology agnostic shop, and as such, we are open to other stacks or programming languages such as Python/Django/flask, Golang, RoR, and Node, MEAN/MERN stacks.
- Candidates who come from large-scale distributed, low-latency and highly available platforms. These are candidates who have had exposure to "under the hood" technologies and are able to pick up/work with new languages & tools fairly quickly. Polyglot developers with strong knowledge of the fundamentals (e.g., design patterns, data structure, algorithms etc.) tend to adapt well into our environment.
- Interview Process: 20-30-minute chat with an internal recruiter, take-home coding exercise, and a final 2-hour interview (coding and system design).
What We Offer:
- Ship features that impact millions of users.
- Work on large distributed systems spanning public cloud and on-prem locations.
- Learn how to manage workloads, at scale, running on Kubernetes
- Contribute to a federated GraphQL API used by millions of clients.
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Parental leave top up.
- Top of the line office hardware
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 20, ping pong, arcade, and foosball tournaments!)