Our client is looking for an independent worker who is an experienced Unix System Administrator whose has extensive experience in planning, coordinating, and executing patch management operations. Candidate would also assist in the creation in virtual machines using VMware and Nutanix. Candidate will have strong experience with centrally managed RedHat Linux systems patched through automated processes or in some cases manually if required to bring the systems in to compliance. Works closely with and clearly articulate to the project teams, the customer, and the technical team to plan, scope and manage deployments and upgrades based on client standards.
- General administrative of RedHat Linux (5,6,7) operating system, some knowledge of HPUX 11.31 and Solaris 10 would be beneficial but not required
- Experience with patch and software management through RedHat Linux systems via command line or via RedHat Satellite Server and Ansible.
- Experience in systems vulnerability management
- Experience with IAM for the specific technology (Unix)
- Validating that vulnerabilities have been addressed; Experience in reviewing and analyzing evidence of remediation of security findings, providing guidance and expertise where necessary
- Demonstrated experience with VMware vSphere administration
- Experience with development, support of Ansible playbooks and python scripting
- Ability to compose technical reports using patch management tools.
- Five years of applicable experience in a Unix server environment, managing, troubleshooting and strong understanding of all concepts.
- Nights and/or weekends availability for patching that falls outside of the normal business Window.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken.