The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality. The PM will manage their projects following AER’s IT delivery methodology and engage/participate with the PM Center of Excellence.
Project Planning and Management
– Lead the project team with Business SME’s to define project deliverables, estimates and schedule; organize and lead project status and SCRUM meetings; prepare and distribute weekly status and issue reports; manage risks, issues, and highlight resource constraints; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning.
– Support the senior management in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and project governance
– Ensures the core delivery team is working together towards project goals. Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and leading team members.
- Create and maintain project information (plans, scope, budget)
- Facilitate Sign off for key/critical documents.
- Provide updates to project governance, sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Track project KPI’s (Scope, schedule, budget and quality)
Implementation of these Corporate initiatives are integral to the technological advancement of AER’s internal systems. The successful implementation of these solutions will reduce internal complexity, improve efficiencies and provide AER with a more modern and sustainable model for each of these areas.
OTHER SKILLS DEEMED NECESSARY:
- Proven track record of working on medium to large enterprise projects which have involved integration with existing systems or custom development.
- Ability to manage business outcomes and stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups both technical and business.
- Excellent communication skills, pro-active problem solver and collaborative team player.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Able to work independently to deliver results while also working collaboratively within a technical team to delivery high quality work.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
MAKE IT OR BREAK IT FACTORS:
- Experience implementing SaaS type solutions as well as custom developed solutions.
- Experience working in agile type teams.
- Experience working with third party vendors to implement enterprise wide solutions.
- Experience working in financial accounting sector is preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of Azure Cloud technology
- Fundamental understanding of Records Management
- Capable to manage workload and meet deliverables across different projects and raise issues appropriately.
- Open and honest discussions with excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active, self-starter with the ability to manage business outcomes and expectations.
- Deliver good quality deliverables.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Recognized PMP Certification is preferred.
- PROSCI certification is preferred.