Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
Note that this is an overnight position, the person works alone with clear support escalation guidance. Shifts are Monday to Friday starting at 23:00 hrs. until 07:00 hrs.
-Individuals within the IT Operations job team are responsible to follow existing timed and pre-dependent check list for activities that contribute to the day to day running of IT processes, functions and jobs.
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Primary responsibilities include manual running and scheduling of daily shift specific jobs/processes. Successful process/job validation in real time and control of data extract distributions. Our team is also the primary point of contact for incoming issue/problem reporting using SERVICE NOW (SNOW) portal to manage those incoming service/issue requests.
- Duties will encompass work on network servers and as well as dedicated workstations. Server reboots, services refresh and troubleshooting network drive and folder mapping issues are part of daily tasks.
- Working with other network/security/deskside teams to ensure implementation of upgrades and patching during overnight maintenance windows.
- Use of existing in-house tools and processes to identify, mitigate and resolve potential and reported issues.
- Communication skills extremely important when dealing with greater TSC team and reporting of issues to understand and identify exact support area to expedite resolution.
- People in this team do the same job in the same way most of the time, consistency is key.
- Applies a basic level of knowledge to their role.
- Tasks are repetitive in nature but require attention to detail.
- Refers upwards any unusual or non-routine requests, issues etc.
- Does not require to have the full level of related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities typically associated with this level of work.
- Work is measured by quality and accuracy of work where all inconsistencies are identified.
- Performs day to day tasks, without direct supervision that are repetitive in nature, consisting of documented procedures / processes that need to be followed. May include, but not limited to the following;
- Responds to work requests.
- Monitors many applications and systems, taking action as pre-defined.
- Escalates issues as required.
- Provides general reporting.
- Escalates client / colleague enquiries and issues as it relates to day to day operational functions.
- Adheres to defined measures and quality of work.
- Develops knowledge of local systems and business.
- Working knowledge of industry standard architectural tools, processes and frameworks.
- Basic familiarity with relevant IT systems, where appropriate.
- Awareness of range of activities / tasks pertaining to applicable work area / function.
- Familiarity with procedures and service requirements relative to the role.
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma or equivalent.
DOS/VSE (1), EXCEL (1), MS OFFICE (1), OUTLOOK (1), MS WORD (1), WINDOWS 2003 (1)
JCL (1), SQL (1), FTP (1)