Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Software Developer in Calgary. Reporting to the Manager, Video Services, the successful candidate will be accountable for the creation, maintenance and development of PPV Scheduling and Video Services Management/Monitoring tools.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Developing, maintaining, testing, documenting and deploying software and tools related to Video Technology Client API platform
- Develop database software including stored procedures, exposing/extracting data, web services and reports
- Leading and participating in the planning and design of new applications and enhancements
- Troubleshooting, testing and resolving software issues
- Participate and help improve the team software development methodologies, life cycle and best practices
- Provide input on design & software architecture
- Guiding and supporting team members
- Various other related duties as required
- A degree in Computer Science or P.Eng in Software Engineering from a recognized University
- 5+ years of experience in multiple programming disciplines.
- Experience with CSS and its extensions.
- Experience with Node.js is an asset.
- Experience with Docker is an asset.
- Experience with C#, MS SQL.
- Experience with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, etc.).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work on critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical problem solving, and technical writing skills are required.
- Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal oriented.
- Must be a team player.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to function in a rapid paced dynamic environment.