Kubernetes Platform Lead
About the role – What will you do?
The Kubernetes Platform Lead will become a part of the team delivering a high degree of reliable, scalable, and secure best practices for Kubernetes infrastructure. As a senior technical lead, you will be part of platform team and work closely with product teams and developers. This role will be to provide best-practices solution architecture, platform integration, design, develop solution for multiple implementations, and assist in defining scope, sizing of work and Proof of Concept developments. You will drive the successful delivery of highly visible, complex work in support of Enterprise wide strategic initiatives. You will be responsible for various aspects of deploying, integrating, optimizing, automating, and adapting Kubernetes-centric environments within company. In addition to technical skills, you will also be a crucial mentor for teams through their Cloud & DevOps journey.
Qualifications – What are we looking for?
Responsibilities – What will you do?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required; Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent preferred.
- Kubernetes Administrator Certification preferred.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with the following IaaS platforms: Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience deploying Kubernetes (beyond the managed service offerings from GCP and Azure).
- Thorough understanding of Kubernetes Orchestration and its various plugins.
- Understanding and experience of Kubernetes microservices architecture and internal components.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization concepts with multi-stage builds, registries, and best image practices.
- Hands- on experience with Container Management Platform such as OpenShift 4.X , Pivotal(PCF) and Google GKE/Anthos - RBAC, AD/LDAP Integration, Secret Management, Image Scanning, Certificates, SSL/TSL, persistent storage solutions, SELinux .
- Understanding of Kubernetes pod monitoring and metrics best practices.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes DNs and how it interacts with external DNS servers.
- Solid understanding of both general and Kubernetes networking/firewall concepts and their role with regards to Kubernetes infrastructure and application delivery.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes network architecture (i.e. how traffic moves within Pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the Internet).
- Proficiency in Linux or UNIX.
- Experience with development/automation tools such as Ansible, Python, Git, and Terraform.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana and Prometheus.
- Understanding and experience of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Concourse.
- Experience with supporting applications running on Kubernetes.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like Microservices, SOA, HTTP, SSL/TLS, LDAP, JDBC.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and documentation skills.
- Energetic, motivated, and customer focused. Able and willing to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment.
- Understanding of cloud native application architectures.
- Understanding of high availability, scalability, resiliency, app performance, and security in the cloud.
- Ensure that technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards.
- Contribute input into infrastructure architecture and ensures architecture is implemented as intended.
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope, requirements, and the architecture of platform services.
- Increase the effectiveness, reliability and performance of container orchestration platforms (OpenShift/Pivotal/GKE/Anthos) by identifying and measuring key indicators, making changes to the production systems in an automated way and evaluating the result.
- Work closely with various teams across the organization to spread knowledge and practices around Kubernetes.
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles resulting in a scalable, reliable, performance and maintainable platform.
- Implement the Platform Infrastructure that allows development teams to deploy and run their services.
- Perform installations and deployments of clusters across various Kubernetes platforms.
- Perform “Day 2” Operations to manage and maintain clusters across various Kubernetes platforms (i.e., monitoring, logging, alerting, and upgrades).
- Develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation in support of Kubernetes across various platforms.
- Provide on-call support of infrastructure and assist in troubleshooting activities developers.
- Mentor other team members and help them self-service their deployments on new features.
- Determine migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology errors.