Our client is in need of a remote Build Project Manager for an initial 12 month contract
Must to have skills:
- Manage small to medium telecom network capital projects (mobility and/or wireline) within scope, on time and on budget
- End-to-end accountability of project delivery
- Assess deployment plan or business case to develop project scope statement
- Collaborate with planning, engineering, procurement, build, and operations primes to prioritize and schedule project deliverables
- Collaborate with build implementation teams to identify and balance internal resource allocation
- Lead regular meetings with stakeholders on resolving implementation issues and variances, and develop action plans to manage changes or issues on projects
- Regular reporting and communication on project status, budget, and quality
- Tender and award work packages within internal processes to external contractors to meet project schedules
- Manage and monitor external build contractor performance
- Effectively manage change requests on projects
- Manage program financials in accordance with corporate financial policies and tools (SAP)
- Manage risk within program and escalate issues where appropriate
1. Ability to work with large project teams (20+ participants) under tight deadlines.
2 Manage monthly variance with Project Managers; present Capital and Expense summaries at Capital Management Team meetings.
3. Comfortable with simultaneously managing multi-million dollar, multi-year, projects with multiple critical paths and parallel workflows which are at different stages of execution.
4. Experience with projects that report to the senior leadership team and Manage strategic projects that have consideration for time, cost and scope.
Nice to have skills:
1. SAP knowledge including a strong application in developing and managing project Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditure (OPEX) budgets is an asset
2. Advanced knowledge and skills with MS office, Tableau including capabilities to produce presentations, charts, graphs, pivot tables and data models including analytical tools (such as
formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP functions.
3. Understanding of Central Office building infrastructure and the decommissioning of voice switches and related access devices, routers, frames, bays, ironwork, environmental controls,
and other telco type devices.
4. Knowledge of wireline and Wireless telecom infrastructure especially Project management of building the transport and access network for 5G infrastructure