Our client is looking for an Application Developer- JAVA to join their development team and help expand and support PS Suite, a Medical Record product. The position is a 12 months contract, preferraly in Cambridge , also open for Ottawa and Toronto.
The successful candidate will design, develop, test and maintain code on a rich-client EMR application used to manage patient files, treatments, and billing and connect to external health care systems supporting hospitals, pharmacies, and provincial health authorities.
• Perform full lifecycle software development.
• Write well designed, testable, Java code.
• Troubleshoot and resolve design issues and code errors.
• Work in Agile development environment with multiple SCRUM teams.
- Extensive experience working in J2SE or J2EE, 3 years minimum.
- Experience working with Oracle and / or Postgres databases, 2 years minimum.
- Experience writing SQL queries and analyzing SQL plans for performance improvement.
- Must be a quick learner who is willing to take on the challenges of adding features to a large codebase.
- Solid design skills and a desire to keep current with new and changing technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately articulate problems and solution designs.
- Must be a team player who can work in an Agile team of developers, QAs, and product owners.
Must to have skills:
1. Java (J2SE, Swing, JDBC) min 5 years
2. SQL (Oracle, PostgreSQL) min 3 years
3. Multi-Threaded java Application Development Experience
4. Strong Object Oriented Design and Analytical skills
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have skills:
1. Agile / Lean Methodologies
2.Previous experience using Design Patterns
4. Team Player
- Any experience in the health care industry.
- Experience developing in Mac, Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience with Swing based UI’s.
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with GIT
Details about the product:
PS Suite is a rich client Java application. The user interface is written in Swing, supporting both Oracle and Postgres databases.