Our client is in need of a Java developer for an initial 12 month contract, they are open to candidates in Cambridge, Toronto or Ottawa (the role will initially begin 100% remote)
• Perform full lifecycle software development.
• Write well designed, testable, Java code.
• Troubleshoot and resolve design issues and code errors.
• Work in Agile development environment with multiple SCRUM teams.
- Extensive experience working in J2SE or J2EE, 5 years minimum.
- Experience working with Oracle and / or Postgres databases, 3 years minimum.
- Experience writing SQL queries and analyzing SQL plans for performance improvement.
- Multi threaded development experience.
- Must be a quick learner who is willing to take on the challenges of adding features to a large codebase.
- Solid design skills and a desire to keep current with new and changing technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to accurately articulate problems and solution designs.
- Must be a team player who can work in an Agile team of developers, QAs, and product owners.
- Any experience in the health care industry.
- Experience developing in Mac, Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience with Swing based UI’s.