Technology Sourcing Manager – Toronto
The Sourcing Lead will be responsible for the Sourcing, Negotiation, and Contract Management functions that make up the IT Enterprise category specifically for internal Accenture needs. These responsibilities include the following:
- Identify cost productivity improvement opportunities in IT software spending across a wide array of leading companies
- Lead sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
- Work with senior level stakeholders to lead and execute strategic sourcing projects of greater than $2M in spend including strategy development, RFQ RFP execution, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
- Communicate frequently and professionally with customer stakeholders regarding the status of the procurement aspect of the project including creation of Statement of Work and other sourcing and contracting documents.
- Perform supplier research and identification and perform RFQ analyses such as rate card analyses, basic TCO, and lease vs. buy NPV.
- Participate in initiatives aimed at improving productivity and efficiency to support company and account growth.
- Develop and mentor people, act as a career counselor and create a high performing organization, foster relationships, resolve conflicts, etc.
- Keep up to date with new processes technologies, look for ways to be more innovative
- Provide accurate and useful project reports or issues status reports
- Work with team members to enhance their business and category knowledge
- Offer creative solutions to support sourcing projects and achieve desired results.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of sourcing services that meet and exceed savings targets
- Establish and cultivate key client stakeholder relationships across organizations, building trust and support for each sourcing projects.
All of the preceding could include coordination with Accenture Delivery Center resources for delivery of these functions. The individual should also have extensive client and supplier interaction, potentially with both program leadership and operational teams from these groups who may be based in the US, Europe and Asia. Support for broad client and recruiting category initiatives is required. Additionally, other related categories and duties could also fall into this individual’s scope over time.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Procurement in the Information Technology space
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management, sourcing, vendor selection and management experience generated through work with one or more of the following:
- Major consulting firm delivering Strategic sourcing services with an IT/Telecom focus.
- Fortune 500 consumer products, financial services, or retail firms supporting their sourcing procurement initiatives in IT/Telecom
- A Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, business, finance, economics, engineering or mathematics from a top tier university
- Deep knowledge of sourcing and or category management process
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide range of IT and Telecom suppliers, such as Laptop, Desktop Hardware, Intel level Servers, Mid-range Hardware, Storage, Telecom Hardware, Shrink Wrap Software, Application Software, Software as a Service (SaaS) and XaaS, Long Distance Voice Data, and Wireless Services.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple end to end project cycles
- Excellent communication, organization time management and problem-solving skills
- Proven team management skills, coaching team members in the art of Negotiation and Contracting
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction