Our client in Toronto is looking for an experienced Full Stack Develope
You are an experienced, hands-on developer who has shipped medium to large-scale applications. You will be a forward thinker who can balance day-to-day pragmatism with an eye for future growth of our platform.
As a software developer with the client's digital team, you will be responsible for crafting, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
A central Design System is used for styling and hosts shared components, while our RESTful APIs are built with Node.js powering our custom services. Quality is a primary concern and we test our applications at multiple levels with Automation Testers and Product Owners embedded within teams.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of the development process.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
- Shown experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, MySQL, Redis, GraphQL).
- Proficient in React and Redux.
- Strong experience with client-side testing (we use Jest).
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec, GraphQL).
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming).
- Ability to mentor other junior developers.
Open to looking at candidates with just 3-4+ total years of solid React/Redux/Node experience with backend API Development experience.
Looking for a good Digital culture fit for this role who is aligned with the core digital values
Experience working on an eCommerce platform is a big plus, but not required.
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience working with custom eCommerce platforms
- Experience working with a Content Management System, Contentful would be a bonus!