1. Develop and distribute status update reports that provide accurate and meaningful information related to the progress of a customer service issue.
2. May engage vendors and/or upstream partners (e.g. TP&E, CTO, NSF, Marketing) by providing constructive feedback to effect positive changes and network reliability.
3. Provides input into technical designs. Participates and/or leads the planning, coordinating and implementating project requirements.
4. May consult with internal and/or external customers, peers and/or vendors to review major outages and trends and recommend service upgrades.
5. May assist in the development of Business Cases for capital or OPEX budgets.
6. Adherence to change management processes.
7. Develop and maintain documentation and information, e.g. network diagrams, typologies, contact information, etc.
Must to have skills:
• Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP or equivalent experience – Minimum of 1-3 years of exp
• Secret level government security clearance required
• Ability to work shift work (24/7 environment)
Nice to have skills:
1 - 3 years of experience in service assurance in a telecom environment
• Broad hardware knowledge including Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel and Nortel
• Bilingualism (English and French)
• A comprehensive understanding of VoIP CISCO call manager, private line, and PBX services.