Our client in BC is in need of a Project Manager - Wireless Real Estate for an initial 12 month contract
THIS POSITION DOES REQUIRE TRAVEL - APPROX 30% OF TIME
British Columbia Engineering Operations & Implementation Wireless Real Estate team. Manage external vendors in wireless site acquisition, public consultation and land use approvals
Highly motivated and results driven person who has broad business, project management, interpersonal and leadership skills. The successful candidate will support the expansion of the wireless network in British Columbia, helping our client continue to achieve top network performance, reliability, quality and customer experience during a critical technological evolution toward 5G.
Working in the Wireless Real Estate team the core function is to manage external site acquisition vendors in real estate acquisition, public consultation and approvals.
Candidate will work with other project management teams in the management of multi-million dollar capital infrastructure projects and programs
. Create performance tracking reports and report on progress toward goals on a monthly and quarterly basis. These include but are not limited to wireless build programs and multiple band and augment activities planned for 5G.
The ability to coordinate and lead engineering site visits, assist with the formulation of land use authority and provincial policies as they relate to the approval process and interface between business and technical teams within the organization.
Liaise with groups outside of the organization including various government agencies, regulatory officials.
Must to have skills:
• Experience managing vendors in wireless site acquisition, public consultation and land use approvals
Nice to have skills:
• Experience in data analysis and performance analysis
• Advanced MS Excel skills, advanced data manipulations skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
• Ability to analyze data effectively to support and resolve business problems and decisions
• Create new measurements and reports to report on and enable business objectives
• Ability to manipulate, organize, and analyze data/information from various sources
• Knowledge of the regulatory framework for telecommunications in Canada
• Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, project management, negotiation and communication skills