Our Telco client in Burnaby is in need of an Intermediate DevOps Engineer with NodeJS dev Experience for an initial 12 month contract
In this role you will be responsible for delivering enablement projects in the form of proof of concepts and prototypes based on architectural needs across different cloud providers and technologies.
As a DevOps Engineer with NodeJS dev Experience you will:
The Experience We Need:
- collaborate on an iterative technical design process that emphasizes data pipelines and resiliency
- participate in the technical design and implement product design iterations and experiments.
- you will identify opportunity for incremental improvements to in-use products and processes
- support cross functional teams to deliver high quality products
- help prove out new tools / techniques, document and support product teams usage of these tools
- update document guidelines and reference architectures / POCs for usage by product teams to aid in their uptake and usage of tools / techniques.
- support or improve scripts and tooling for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployments. Maintain and improve functionality of automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & deployment.
- support web applications for development, test and production environments.
- assist in troubleshooting of cloud systems to solve problems across platform and application domains
- proficient with NodeJS and artifact repositories such as NPM
- proven experience troubleshooting production defects
- experience working with security protocols such as oauth2
- experience working with Jenkins Pipelines in containerized environments
- experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Openshift, Kubernetes)
- familiar with at least one modern JS framework (server and UI)
- familiar with one or more cloud stacks (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- familiar with administration of both relational and non-relational datastores
- familiar with both relational and non-relational datastores
- knowledge of branching and merging methodologies
- knowledge of CI/CD principles
- experience participating in an agile team
- develop demonstrable prototype code with clear implementation guidelines
- independently debug and evaluate changes required for independent services
- apply varying cross-platform requirements effectively and quickly
- effectively contribute to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team.
- evangelize DevOps throughout the work, organization, and interactions with others
- continuous research to keep up with new technologies and best practices.
- assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product and infrastructure.
In addition to technical skills, a qualified DevOps engineer must have the following certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Professional level AWS certification
- 7+ years of pertinent experience as a DevOps engineer